Thursday, December 11, 2008

a day with Carolyn

Come for a walk with me as I envelop myself in the abundance of Maui. Take a deep breath and see yourself cavorting with nature. This is the most wonderful way to start my day.

As I walked this morning it was not with a joggers walk or an energetic stride, it was the walk of a child. I looked at everything around me; every bush and flower. I looked at all the people swimming, surfing, lounging, and dancing with the waves. As I watched all those people playing a smile took over my face. I was with each of these anonymous friends in spirit. They were having fun and I was a silent collaborator and those in front of me did not know at that moment in time I was playing with them in spirit. Just imagine a light breeze on your face, your hair blowing gracefully with the sound of the ocean as your music. Now you are with me.

The song in my mind is "make your own kind of music" and it encourages me to sway a little. It would be great to have an umbrella like Mary Poppins and sing loudly while I skip. Can you imagine what a memorable sight that would be; what a wonderful out of the norm childlike experience. What a liberating out of the box expression of joy!

How many of us are that capable of being true to our own inspiration. Should I do it? Should I get dressed and dance on the boardwalk? Should I completely embarrass my family? mmmm I think I should. What do you think?

When I am taking my walk I never allow a negative thought to enter my mind. My focus is on my breath , on the sights around me and the sounds. I create a mantra of healing statements for the health of my mind and body. Nothing else enters. This was my experience on the boardwalk today. It was a good day.

2 comments:

Vida said...

WOW!!! This is absolutely wonderful! I"m so excited for you to finally see what you've envisioned come to life!

Clarity with Carolyn said...

Susan from Washington. Love, love, love your site. It does not tell the whole story of how wonderful you are but I hope you get the calls and it will all begin. Your words are in my head..... thank goodness